In this English you will learn how we use the prepositions of time at, in, and on in English.
Here is how we use these time prepositions in English.
We use ‘at’ for clock times, meals times, weekends, public holidays*
- I get up at 6am during the week but later at weekends.
- I like to relax at weekends.
- He is meeting us at lunchtime.
- We normally have lunch with the family at Christmas*.
We use ‘in’ for parts of the day, longer periods (weeks, months etc.)
- I watch television in the evenings.
- He prefers to go jogging in the mornings.
- She was famous in the 70s.
- Spain is hot in August.
We use ‘on’ for days and dates.
- We don’t usually work on Sundays.
- My birthday is on the 22nd of this month.
- What are you doing on Boxing Day?
Please watch the video for more examples.
Here’s another English lesson for yo to look at.
Please take a look at my English courses on curious.com
Leave a Reply